The Science Behind The Silence
A healthy, well-functioning product is made of healthy, well-functioning parts. This is why all Silen products are safe to use for everyone. How did we achieve this? By only using materials that conform and comply with the strictest regulations available. And yes, that also includes the regulations for formaldehyde use.
Our commitment to a healthy tomorrow is made visible through the certifications and labels awarded to the materials we use.
- WOOD: All our plywood suppliers are required to have FSC certification
- WOOD GLUE: comes with M1 Emission Classification certification
- ACOUSTIC FOAM: carries the OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100 label
- LAMINATE IN SIDE MODULES: certified by Greenguard and PEFC (for
sustainable forest management)
- FLOOR FINISHES: certified by CRI Green Label Plus (for very low emissions of
- UPHOLSTERING FOAMS: certified by and conform to the CertiPUR standard
- ALL PLYWOOD and other composite materials used are CARB 2 compliant
- FURNITURE FABRICS used in Silen products carry the OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100 label and are EU Ecolabel certified